Friday, February 3, 2012

Solitude

Poetic Winter Challenge: Solitude


            No snow this year not enough to speak about.  So here I sit dreaming of ..........

 Some beach Somewhere
There's a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair
Palm trees are growin' and a warm breezes a blowing
I picture myself right there
                                                     On Some beach, somewhere                          Blake Shelton



                                      I took this photo at our local park’s sand volleyball court.
 (selfie)

13 comments:

Jill said...

Love this, Saun!

Debbie said...

your soul lives at the beach!!

Susan said...

Great poem and fun shot of you “dreaming”. Hope you get some snow to make winter worthwhile. :-) Or a beach if you don’t.

Anonymous said...

No snow here to speak of, either... this winter is just so messed up!

Here's to warmer weather! =)

Nice shot for the meme, though

eileeninmd said...

Great photo and I love the song too. I wish I was on a beach somewhere. Have a wonderful weekend!

barefoot mama said...

beautiful and so perfect for this solitude theme.

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

Love this shot! I'm dreaming of being on a beach somewhere too...

Thanks so much for joining us in the Poetic Winter Photo Challenge. I hope you had a chance to download our freebie of the week. Next week's theme will be Warmth. Hope you'll be able to join us again.

Teresa said...

I love that shot! We don't have snow either, but it's raining right now~snow and ice are a real possibility overnight.

Cedar said...

Great selfie! Represents solitude very well!

Audrey said...

Dreaming of being somewhere is a great thing to do in solitude, nice photo!

Stasha said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!

say cheese said...

wonderful shot!

Satakieli said...

Great shot, perfect for the prompt! wouldn't a warm beach be nice right now?

Thanks for taking part in the Poetic Winter Photo Challenge!