Saturday, October 29, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

MACRO




Found Texture


Home : Smuckers








Cover
Here's my take on cover it is the cover of my husband's band CD.
  I took these pictures with my  first dslr it was only a 2 mp and you sure can tell. 
I've posted  the originals with the cover.
We went out looking for old houses for their cd cover and came up on this house. We thought
no one lived there. I got out and started shooting. Out of the corner of my eye I see a man sitting in a lawn chair listening to a radio. He sees me and hollers at me, uh oh. My husband
explains what we are doing and asked him if it was alright. He says yes and I asked him would he like to be in the picture he says sure. So this is Virgil and Edith sitting on their front porch. Not sure what has happened to them we went back once and took them some food they seemed embarrassed, but took the food and all along saying they didn't need it.

Tree
This is an old cemetery that we came upon. Below is a sign with the people's names that are buried there.The cemetery dates back to the 1800's.






Linking up with Ashley over at Ramblings and Photos for this week's Scavenger Hunt

26 comments:

Kmcblackburn said...

I really like that texture shot. And Smuckers...what a cutie!!! I know MY home wouldn't be the same without my two shadows.

Kathy

Christy said...

Your texture shot is awesome but I'm a sucker for old houses. Nice set!

Anonymous said...

the texture shot is amazing

kewkew said...

I agree that your texture shot is amazing. Lovely group of shots.

tiarastantrums said...

cool wrinkled pumpkin

Andrea Dawn said...

That texture shot is awesome. And your Smuckers is so cute.

Tezzie said...

Great scavenging! Love the light in your macro, awesome texture, and the look in Smucker's eyes is priceless! Great capture!

Ellie said...

Awe, Smuckers is so cute. I love your album cover and the picture of Virgil and Edith. I thought you were going to say that he chased you away but instead you got to take their picture. That's great!!

Tamar SB said...

I found your texture!! That is awesome!

Kay Rhodes said...

Great texture...and love the houses!

Jill said...

Wonderful! I love the CD cover and the story that went a long with it. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah Cass said...

The cemetery shot with the tree is really beautiful. A stunning shot all around.

Nancy said...

Love all of these, but I really like your cd cover and the story that goes along with it. :)

Debbie said...

the cd cover rocks, really and that story that goes along with it is amazing. i always love a good story....hearing the history, that's it's not cookie cutter!!

great group, i also love the texture!!

barefoot mama said...

I love stopping by your space to check out your photos! They are inspiring! Barefoot Mama

Susan said...

Love your texture shot, and cute Smuckers! Such a fun story for cover.

Kim Stevens said...

I love your 'cover' and the story behind it. Great macro too!

Gina Kleinworth said...

FANTASTIC texture- so cool!

Brooke said...

lovin the first two. Great set ;D

Ashley Sisk said...

Nicely done - I really like texture and home!

Honey Mommy said...

Love your texture and macro shots! They are really cool.

Bestfoodies said...

Smuckers is too cute. The CD cover is great!

Valeria said...

Love your texture

Anonymous said...

Great texture shot - the vibrant color really pops.

Buttons Thoughts said...

These are fantastic I love Edith and Virgil (real life)and the cd cover is great. Great job. B

Travel With Lulu said...

Love love the album cover and the story that goes with it. I wish I could know the backstory to so many album covers. So great to 'meet' you here :) XoLaura